It’s been a while since my last breakfast post but I really want to continue to share recipes that show you that getting real, healthy food on the table can be quick and easy.
This chia pudding has 4 ingredients, takes 5 (yes only 5!) minutes to prepare in the evening, and in the morning you have a rich, chocolatey breakfast pudding delight that you can serve right out of the fridge.
I’ve actually posted about chia pudding before here, where you can read about all the health benefits of these super seeds. But for now, let me just say that they have enough fat, protein and fibre to keep little tummies full all morning long.
You’d be crazy not to try it!
Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding
2 ripes bananas
1/4 cup chia seeds
1.5 cups milk or milk alternative
1/4 cup carob (or cacao/cocoa powder)
1. Put bananas into a bowl and mash with a fork
2. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined.
3. Put in fridge and leave overnight.
4. In the morning, open and serve*! Top as desired – fruit, nuts, shredded coconut, etc.
* Chia pudding does have a bit of a gritty/gelly texture due to the chia seeds. I prefer my chia pudding smooth, so before I serve it I actually toss it into the blender and whiz it for a few minutes. This gives it the texture of actual pudding.
Try it tonight and enjoy the sweet, sweet freedom of not having to rush around making breakfast 🙂